On June 12, 2019, CIMS hosted a panel for industrial careers in mathematics, as part of the NSF-funded Research Experiences for Undergraduates in Industrial Mathematics and Statistics. The panel consisted of
- Laura Antul (MITRE; Systems Engineer)
- Alana Aubin (Everquote; VP for Strategic Projects)
- Kaitlyn Brady (BJ Wholesales Club; Senior Data Scientist)
- Divya Moorjaney (LogMeIn; Senior Data Scientist)
- Katie Nahabedian (Lincoln Labs; Associate Staff)
Discussion centered on how mathematics is used in each of their companies, what types of problems are addressed, and how did each panelist go from their undergraduate program to their current position.