MPI is a problem solving workshop that attracts leading applied mathematicians and scientists from universities, industry, and national laboratories. During the workshop, engineers and scientists from industry interact with the academic participants on problems of interest to their companies. In the past, these problems have included, but are not limited to
- engineering and product design
- process design and control
- environmental remediation
- scheduling and optimization
- financial modeling
The challenge facing business and industry is to prosper in an era of rapid technological growth. Meeting the challenge requires continually improving productivity, resource management, and innovation, both to refine existing products and processes and to create new ones.
The MPI workshop is a resource that offers
- clarification and formulation of a proposed or existing process
- methods to solve problems of interest to industry
- links with applied mathematicians and scientists from universities and national laboratories
- access to advanced computing solutions and environments
- fresh input of new ideas
Registration for the 35th Annual MPI is now open:
WPI has hosted the workshop 4 times previously: in 2003, 2005, 2008, and 2013.