CIMS hosted a panel on Academic Careers in Mathematics on June 4, 2019. This panel focused on the transition from undergraduate through graduate school and beyond. Topics included how to choose a graduate program, life in graduate school, postdoctoral positions and the rewards/demands of a faculty position. The panel consisted of
- Prof. Andrea Arnold, Assistant Professor, WPI
- GaYee Park, PhD student, UMass-Amherst
- Prof. Annie Raymond, Assistant Professor, UMass-Amhert
- Dr. Shubhendu Trivedi, Postdoctoral Fellow, ICERM, Brown University
- Dr. Marilyn Vazquez, Postdoctoral Associate, ICERM, Brown University
- Evan Witz, PhD student, WPI
The panel heard questions from participants in the NSF-funded REU in Industrial Mathematics and Statistics, and undergraduate students from WPI.