Kwonmoo Lee, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Ph.D. in Physics (Biophysics), Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Before joining WPI, Kwonmoo Lee was an NIH post-doctoral fellow in Gaudenz Danuser’s lab at Harvard Medical School. He developed a non-invasive quantitative imaging approach which allowed him to probe a highly redundant system of actin nucleation pathways. Using this method he was able to define a temporal hierarchy of actin nucleator recruitment. Before that, he was trained in Marc Kirschner’s lab at Harvard Medical School as a graduate student in MIT Physics Ph.D. program. At WPI, he is focusing on applying various machine learning methods to cell biology and mechanobiology. Particularly, he is interested in how subcellular morphodynamic heterogeneity governs cell motility in healthy and pathological conditions. Currently, he is an NVIDIA Deep Learning Institute Certified Instructor and University Ambassador and an Editorial Board Member of Scientific Reports. CV (Email: klee at wpi.edu)
Hee June Choi, Ph.D.
Research Scientist, Ph.D. in Molecular Biology, Seoul National University. Hee June’s research will focus on understanding how cell migration plays a role in cancer and development. To this end, she will probe spatiotemporal dynamics of multiple proteins involved in cell motility by machine learning based quantitative live cell imaging techniques. She is fundamentally interested in the roles of stochasticity in maintaining robustness and evolvability of living systems. She received her Ph.D. in Molecular Biology from Seoul National University in South Korea and joined WPI as a postdoctoral fellow in May 2015 after her previous postdoc experience in systems biology programs at Pohang University of Science and Technology and University of Massachusetts Medical School.
Tzu-Hsi Song, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Fellow, Ph.D. in Computer Science, University of Warwick, UK. Tzu-Hsi earned his Ph.D.degree in Computer Science from University of Warwick, UK in 2017. Then, he was a postdoctoral fellow in the School of Dentistry, University of Birmingham, UK. He joined WPI in March 2020 and he is developing a deep learning-based breast cancer diagnosis system using images from Lensless Digital Inline Holography System.
Xiang Pan, B. S.
Master student, B. S. in Biomedical Engineering, Worcester Polytechnic Institute. Xiang obtained his bachelor’s degree in biomedical engineering from Worcester Polytechnic Institute and joined the lab as a master student in biomedical engineering. He is focusing on developing a machine learning method for time-series analysis.
Junbong Jang, B. S.
Research Associate, B. S. in Computer Science, Worcester Polytechnic Institute. Junbong obtained his bachelor’s degree in computer science from Worcester Polytechnic Institute. He is working on deep learning-based segmentation of cell images.
- Yudong Yu, M. Eng, Master Student (2018~2019)
- Chuangqi (Chauncey) Wang, Ph.D. Doctoral Student (2015~2019), Current Position: Postdoctoral Fellow, Lauffenburger Lab, MIT
- Tessa Curtis, REU Student (2019), Current Position: Undergraduate Student at UNC Chapel Hill
- Brian Westgate, Undergraduate/Master Student (2017~2019), Current Position: Engineer, Confluent Medical
- Jamison LaRoche, Undergraduate/Master Student (2017~2019), Current Position: Engineer, National Grid
- Doe Won Moon, Visiting Graduate Student (2018~2019), Current Position: Pohang University of Science and Technology
- Moses Choi, Research Intern (2018), Current Position: Medical Student, St. George’s University School of Medicine
- Joseph Tadros, Research Intern (2018), Current Position: Data Scientist, SDG Group
- Lucy Woodbury, REU Student (2018), Current Position: Undergraduate Student, University of Arkansas
- Bolun Lin, M. Eng., Master Student (2017-2018), Current Position: Engineer, Google.
- Bing Zhao, M. Eng., Master Student (2017-2018), Current Position: Engineer, Kulicke & Soffa
- Ted Kostopoulos, M. S., Master Student(2017-2018), Current Position: Engineer, Helen of Troy
- Xitong Zhang. M. S. Master Student (2017-2018), Current Position: Ph.D. Student, Computer Science, Michigan State University
- Sung-Jin Kim, Ph.D., Research Scientist (2016~2017), Current Position: Senior Research Fellow, AI Lab, LG Electronics
- Aaron Choi, Research Assistant (2016~2017), Current Position: Research Assistant, Columbia University
- Yenyu Chen, Undergraduate Student (2017), Current Position: Research Technician, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Rachel Taitano, REU Student (2015), Current Position: MD/PhD Student, West Virginia University
- Ahmed Hakim, Amishi Vairagade, Sneha Shastry, Andrew Pic, Heather Stratica, Tori Claverie, Undergraduate Students (2015)