Funding for the traumatic brain injury research is provided by the NIH (R01 NS092853, R21 NS088781), Ford URP (University Research Program), and GPU donation from NVIDIA. Past funding included support from NIH (R21 NS078607), NOCSAE, Hitchcock Foundation, and Neukom Institute, and donation from Intel Inc. Collaborators for this project include colleagues at Ford Motor Company, Dartmouth College, Indiana University, Simbex LLC., Stanford, Virginia Tech, and University of Massachusetts Medical School.
Funding for work on surgical image-guidance in spinal surgery is provided by the NIH (R01 EB025747). Past funding support included Dartmouth SYNERGY Scholars Award and NIH (R21 NS078607). This work is conducted in collaboration with Dartmouth College.
- Boston Globe: How much battering can a brain take? October 1, 2017
- FoxNews Radio: A New Way to Measure Potential Football Concussions. September 18, 2017
- Worcester Telegram: WPI prof helping bring concussion diagnosis to sidelines. September 15, 2017
- WBZ 1030, News Radio: Listen to WBZ discuss Songbai Ji’s computer modeling to better diagnose concussions. September 15, 2017
- WBUR: Listen to WBUR and Songbai Ji’s discussion on computer modeling to better diagnose concussions. September 15, 2017
- Photonics.com: WPI’s Ji Granted Two NIH Grants for Concussion Detection. October 10, 2017
- WPI news: Worcester Polytechnic Institute Professor Developing Computer Models to Better Diagnose Concussions. September 13, 2017