WPI’s Center for Industrial Mathematics and Statistics brings together academic research with actual problems facing today’s industry.
As a division of CIMS, the Industrial Microwave Modeling Group (IMMG) aims its activities at:
- enhancing the technological competitiveness of its industrial partners
- enriching the expertise of the faculty and the value of the students’ education
The IMMG is concerned with outstanding issues in non-communication domain of microwave engineering. In its works, the Group relies on state-of-the-art mathematical modeling, scientific computations, and optimization in such applications as:
- Multiphysics processes and complex systems of microwave power engineering
- Broadband/multiband antennas and radiating systems, and
- Nondestructive evaluation and testing of materials.
More on the IMMG
The IMMG activities offer a variety of educational opportunities for students who might join the related sectors in industry after graduation and bring to it their professional experience in modeling and computation.
On the other hand, industrialists involved with microwave engineering and its applications may benefit from the IMMG unique expertise, international seminars and variety of educational opportunities, and participation in international seminars/workshops.